About internships at Vert d’Iris International (VII)
Vert d’Iris International welcomes all expressions of interest from prospective interns interested in several domains: sustainable agriculture, social entrepreneurship and cooperatives, bio-intensification and eco-innovation.
Several students, Belgians, Europeans and non-Europeans have benefited from their internships at Vert d’Iris International. They discovered the life of a start up dedicated to innovative projects, while learning the realities of its work in the midst of a young and dynamic team.
We invite interns to share the life of our projects, for a period of at least 3 months. Tasks, research questions and participation – and in certain cases coverage of expenses – are determined on a case-by-case basis depending on each students’ situation.
Examples of duties carried out during an internship
N.B.: This is a general list. Responsibilities will be discussed individually on the basis of priorities, skills, preferences etc. New potential tasks may also emerge during the course of the project.
1.1 Business plan / strategic agenda
- Interview VII members, gather feedback related to VII strategy;
- Develop our business plan, integrating latest changes of circumstances and opportunities;
- Prepare briefings for internal use (e.g., by VII Board) and external communication;
- Explore funding opportunities and contribute to proposal writing. Full guidance provided by confirmed proposal-writers;
- Contribute to define VII's corporate strategy and project portfolio.
1.2 General information watch & consolidation
- Google searches (general or focussed);
- Thematic literature searches in virtual libraries;
- Preparation of thematic digests/briefings and web pages;
- Preparation of draft reports (e.g., compilation of activity reports);
- Web management: texts & graphics.
- Identify similar networks and organisations of interest for the cooperative;
- Maintain database of partners / potential partners / relevant entities / clients;
- Contribute to external communication (newsletter etc).
1.4 Horticultural logistics
- With support from project coordinator;
- Contribute to growing container workshops;
- Procurements and stocks;
- Collaborating in the gardens: cultures and harvesting, client service, deliveries, maintenance, etc.
- Plant and fruit transformation: preparation, dehydration, packaging and deliveries.
1.5 Research: essays or thesis
For students in relevant disciplines, interested in eco-innovation and sustainable food issues, the cooperative offers a suitable environment for thesis/essay research. The cooperative offers support throughout the research: methodology, bibliography, writing, surveying, communication, etc.
- Demonstrated motivation for eco-innovation, sustainable food, social entrepreneurship, and bio-intensification topics;
- Good relations with colleagues, partners and clients;
- Good writing and organisational skills;
- Proficiency in English, French or Dutch;
- Readiness to participate in the innovation of the cooperative and to find original solutions – taking initiative and being creative.
Secondary skills (an advantage, but not essential)
- Language skills other than French and English;
- Web design and editing skills; experience with graphic and multimedia creation;
- Experience with Mac OS X platform.
- Internship based in Anderlecht, one of the 19 districts of Brussels (Belgium), 10 minutes by foot from international Midi train station.
- Flexible work arrangements (e.g., part-time, teleworking) can be considered where appropriate;
- Start and duration: to be negotiated;
- Access to fully equipped office, including kitchen;
- Access to organic vegetable from our gardens!
Contact us for any informal inquiry and/or application. Your cover letter and CV can be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line reading : “Internship – First + Last Name – field of interest”